Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 02:41 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Kenmore Ultra Satin 25.0 Cu. Ft. Bottom Freezer/Refrigerator (7101) Energy Star

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Recently, I purchased the new Kenmore Ultra Satin 25.0 Cu. Ft. Bottom Freezer/ Refrigerator (7101) Energy Star. This fridge is very spacious with room in both doors for condiments, drinks, and whatever you may want to put in it. The door shelves are nice and deep, Large enough to hold a gallon of milk comfortably, but I do not like them because they are glass. The three fruit and vegetable crisper drawers are great for all the fruits and vegetables you can think of putting in there, the drawers are also tall enough to put the largest fruits and vegetables in there, like celery and broccoli. Because this Kenmore is an energy saver appliance, not only will I get a tax write off at the end of the year, but I will also never have to worry about a large bill with the electric company.

I was able to eliminate my water purifier because of this fridge. It has a built in water dispenser that always gives the coldest water, the hot water dispenser takes a minute to warm up which leaves you standing there waiting . The freezer portion of this refrigerator/freezer combination is nice and deep for all the items that you can cram inside it. There is a front basket in the freezer for separation so that you don't have to worry about your meats touching other items. There is an automatic ice maker that will make you ice, but I do not recommend using it for drinks. The ice that is produced takes on the flavor of everything that is in your freezer. When I had fish stored in there, all my ice had a fishy smell, leaving the flavor in everything that I drank.

Overall, this refrigerator/freezer combination is the best that I have purchased in a long time, earning my 4 star rating. With nice depth, there is nothing that I have not been able to put in it and be able to close the door, including large platters of food when I'm entertaining. The advantages far outweigh the few disadvantages of this high quality name brand product. The sliding, adjustable shelves in each side of the fridge make this ideal for anything that you may want to put in the fridge.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews