Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Dirt Devil SD40010 EZ Lite Bagless Canister

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased this product after searching for an affordable canister vacuum for use on my hardwood and tile floors. With a German Shepherd and a long haired cat, pet hair is a regular problem in my house. Hair quickly collects around the baseboards and under cabinets and furniture, making daily vacuuming a necessity. I have found that canister vacuums are the best option for hard floor cleaning, and like how easily they transition from floor to rug and rug to floor. After much research within my narrow price range (under $100) I finally chose the Dirt Devil SD40010 EZ Lite Bagless Canister. Its specifications were comparable to canister vacuums in the $140 price range, yet the MSRP for this product is only $99.99. Its 12 amp motor gives a reliable, strong suction provided you keep the dirt cup cleaned out. Should a clog occur, a red light will alert you of your compromised suction. I also like how slim the head is. Many canister vacs, typically the pricier ones that have rotating brushes, have bulky heads that won't fit under the overhang of my kitchen cabinets. At only twenty feet, the cord could be longer, but I love the retraction feature that winds it up with a push of the button. The wand is adjustable to suit your height, and there is also an attachable extension pole. Overall, this is a good machine for the price, and will be especially useful to those with hard floors and pet hair. However, be prepared to clean it out often. Suction all but disappears when the canister gets full, when the filter is clogged, or if any debris is lodged in the pipe. The canister is easy to empty, but cleaning out the filter can be a bit messy and has to be done regularly. Also, for frequent users, be gentle when pulling it around corners or lifting it by the hose as the plastic nozzle cracks easily, making it hard to keep the hose attached. I had to tape mine in place after just eight months.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews