U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,463,448 times

Advertisements

2005 Honda Civic

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Hondas have a reputation as being dependable and ever reliable vehicles. While I did not have any technical problems with my vehicle I did encounter a long string of unfortunate occurrences that soured my opinion of my car. Nevertheless, the vehicle proved to be reliable during the short stint of my ownership. The four door vehicle was roomy and very comfortable, allowing it to carry multiple passengers of varying sizes very comfortably. I used this vehicle several times to move items from one apartment to the next and found that it had a shocking amount of cargo space. I was able to fit a table and multiple chairs in this sedan at the same time.
Performance was always exceptional and proved to be very practical as both a long distance vehicle and something one can cart around in the city. The car had excellent handling and was highly maneuverable. I found getting around in Chicago was a breeze considering the often difficult parking situation that presents itself.
The interior was adequate with little to no thrills. The dashboard display retained a completely analog, 90s aged feel to it. I imagine this model of Civic was one of the last before Honda completely revamped the Civic with a sleeker exterior and a more digital dashboard display.
Practicality essentially sums up this model of car. A Civic isn't sporty or sexy but it certainly does the job required of it. It won't win a race but its fuel economy certainly makes it a very pragmatic choice for many consumers. This vehicle would be ideal for young families since it not only has a long shelf life but also was marketed with a number of safety features that would undoubtedly reassure couples who are just starting off.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews