Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Horizon Fitness EX-57 Elliptical Trainer

horizon-fitness-ex-57-elliptical-trainer photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this elliptical machine as a replacement for a cheaper elliptical machine I had purchased less than a year before. My previous machine had worked fine but not great for few months. After the few month, the left pedal snapped off and the machine was no more.

I have never been happier that I upgraded to a better machine. It is absolutely worth the money. While not as hefty and solid as something you'd find at the gym, this machine is extremely sturdy and I never feel like it might break. Unlike the home treadmill I own, this elliptical at no time shakes or strains under my (not terribly heavy) weight.

The motion on the machine is smooth and effortless. There is no strain on the joints and the machine never loses tension throughout the motion. Resistance levels are consistent and are distinct from one another, unlike some other machines I've used. It doesn't have a crazy number of settings, but has enough to find challenging, interesting programs, which is what matters when you are using the machine every day.

Part of the display screen are quite small, but after the settings are input, the only part I need to see is the readout. The readout is big and clear and can be easily seen even when using the machine. It's also very quiet, which is wonderful for my apartment building, which discourages noise of any sort.

It is slightly difficult to put together, as things have to go on either the right or left side and will not work if they are put on incorrectly. However, after a little time and patience, everything worked out well and the machine looks and works wonderfully.

It's absolutely worth spending money on exercise equipment you will really use. Well-made equipment like this is better on the joints and the body in general.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews