Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Sunpak 12.1 inch Digital Photo Frame

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

What a waste of money. I wrongfully associated a higher price tag with a better product, but I was obviously mistaken. The size is great, and definitely one of the main selling points of this product, but other than that I am totally disappointed with this purchase.

A couple of my memory cards would not even work in the frame and those that did showed blurry and grainy photos. The pictures look better on my computer screen saver than they did in this frame. The user manual is totally non-helpful and the settings on the frame itself are definitely not user friendly. I played around with the settings for a bit to see if the picture would get clearer and I saw no changes at all. I even called customer service to see if they could help me and nothing they said helped at all. It was one of those call centers where it's obvious that they are working off of a troubleshooting script and none of them have any idea what they are talking about. Most of them have probable never even seen the product in person before.

Once you can figure out how to access the settings on the frame you will soon realize that it does not matter because nothing will make the picture better. The color and tint will change, but the quality will remain grainy. The only way the picture looks good is if you are looking at it from 20 feet away. Also, when I inserted one of my memory cards, it displayed just an error message, rather than pictures, and once I removed the memory card, the error message stayed on the screen and it froze.

I was very disappointed with this purchase and was forced to send it back to the manufacturer and search for a new frame, but was greatly inconvenienced by the amount of time that had been wasted. Don't waste yours.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,311 times
I have one 12.1 inch digital photo frame, it's still working well for near one year. I bought it from digitalframe8.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews