Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 01:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Samsung RSG257AARS 24 cu. ft. Counter Depth Side by Side Refrigerator

samsung-rsg257aars-24-cu-ft-counter-depth-side-by-side photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Purchasing a new refrigerator is always a little bit risky, as it is an investment that is expected to last your household quite a few years, and there are so many different things to consider and factor into your purchase. I am very satisfied with my purchase, the Samsung RSG257AARS 24 cu. ft. Counter Depth Side by Side Refrigerator.

This model has interior LED lights when you open the refrigerator instead of the hotter old bulbs that it's predecessor had.
When it comes to my refrigerators, I am somewhat compulsive about temperature control. I have two precision thermometers, one in the fridge and one in the freezer compartment. On the RS275ACRS, the temperatures were nowhere near what the external display was reporting them as. On this model, however, the refrigerator is usually within 0.2 deg F of the reported temperature (at coldest setting of 34F, thermometer reports 34.1 whereas the 275 would be all over the place, never lower than 37 or so). In the freezer, this model is rock solid at -10 F when the external display is -14 F. I consider this excellent, as most freezers can't get this low. The 275 was lucky to get to -7 F with the display at -14 F. And yes, I allowed plenty of calibration time and took multiple readings over weeks. So, in my testing anyway, they have definitely upgraded the innards since the 275.

I also love how quietly the refrigerator runs. In the past, I have dealt with rattly old fridges and I know how irritating this can be.

This model has the icemaker on the freezer door, not hogging the upper shelves of the freezer, which I love. However, this version is, obviously, slightly shallower than the previous model, but the markedly improved performance is well worth it to me.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews