Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 02:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool Electric Range: Model # GR563LXSB1

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Three years ago I purchased the Whirlpool Gold Electric Range. I have only had one other oven before and it was not a whirlpool. The whirlpool has two duel front burners and two single back burners. It has a self cleaning oven, timer, hot surface light indicator, a warm zone and much more. This range was comparable to other similar ranges, only it had more features to offer then most of the other ranges we looked at.

I like this oven because of its many extra features. There is an oven light that allows you to see into the oven without opening the door and letting the heat out. I really like that the timer on it can be programmed by hours, minuets, and seconds. There is also a preheat setting so you can turn the oven on and walk away (Our old oven did not have this feature). When the oven is heated to the desired tempature it lets out a soft beeping sound to let you know. Another great feature is the hot surface light indicator that tells you the oven/stove is hot. So when this light is on I know not to touch the stove and I do not get burned. The warm zone is nice for making pancakes. You can keep a plate on the warm zone and it will keep the pancakes from getting cold. The top of this range is very easy to clean. A rag with hot water gets it clean and then there is a buffing cream that can be used once a week to give it that shine it had when you first purchased it.

I really do not have anything negative to say about the whirlpool range. I have been very satisfied with it from the start. I recommend purchasing this range of you are in need of a new one.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews