Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart Elite 12-Cup Food Processor

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

For someone who just loves pottering around in the kitchen, experimenting with various combinations, then a good quality food processor is an absolute must. Cuisinart have a good reputation in the industry - I have purchased several other items from the manufacturer in the past, albeit small products, in the form of a can opener and electric knife; so I opted for them to provide me with a processor to satisfy my requirements and chose from their elite collection, taking the 12-cup appliance at a slightly extravagant price of $229.

This is effectively a 2 in 1 processor, with a 12 cup large bowl housing a smaller 4-cup bowl, with pour spouts and measurement markings. A lot of fuss is attached to its Seal Tight Advantage System, but to be honest it is something I think I could live without. Its touch pad controls are a little temperamental too and I have encountered difficulties with the blades engaging, meaning certain food items have to be cut manually, before placement, which is a bit frustrating.

The processor is a little on the noisy side too, but it is clean and pleasing on the eye with its black base - also available in white. Its adjustable 6 position slicing and shredding discs come in stainless steel. The shredder is reversible, which can be a good alternative option with certain preparations, but again not a feature that will get much use.

To be honest I have been disappointed with my purchase as it hasn't lived up to my expectations and in hindsight I think I could have got myself a much cheaper model from somewhere like Krups, Oster or Braun, which would have performed just as well. I will stick with it for now, but I expect I'll replace it sometime in the near future.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews