Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 01:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Black & Decker Light N Easy Steam Dry Iron Model# 77823111

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

My last iron lasted me over ten years. It was aging and started to fail one day as I was using it. I had no choice but to go shopping for another, newer iron a couple of days ago. I have other Black & Decker products that I really like, I shopped around until I found their irons. I compared prices ranging from ten to forty dollars. One of the reasons why I bought this iron, it was very inexpensive.

It is able to hold more water than a normal steam iron. That feature enabled me to iron for a longer period of time. It has a nice fabric selector, and the steam has not harmed any fabric that I have ironed so far. It really gets all the hard wrinkles out, it works great on permanent press fabrics. I usually walk around my ironing board as I am ironing clothes, the extra long cord comes in handy and it is very convenient. I have very few plug outlets and having that long cord made it easier for me.

I have tested velvet, organza and cotton material and played with each setting on the iron to see if it worked properly, and so far it has been great. The iron did not take very long to heat to the desired temperature. It did take quite a long while for it to cool off.

The iron is very light and that makes ironing clothing easier on my hands and wrists. It has a steam and dry setting. It is nice to be able to choose one or the other when I need to. I generally use the dry setting when I am ironing delicate fabric that does not need to be steamed. I really like this little iron.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews