Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pt. Energy Star Dehumidifier with Patented Pump

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have awful allergies, as well as an incredibly temperamental basement that floods easily when the weather changes. We bought the DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pt. Energy Star Dehumidifier with Patented Pump to deal with the dampness of the basement, and the awful musty, moldy smell of the room.

For us, the pump was the primary selling point as our last unit was gravity fed and had to be elevated off the ground in order to drain into the laundry tub. We have been running it for over a month with good results and the pump works quite well to help extract the water from the machine. We are actually planning on purchasing another for the other floors of our home, so that we can work on dehumidifying them as well.

So far, the DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pt. Energy Star Dehumidifier with Patented Pump has proven itself to be entirely hassle free, and I would go as far as to recommend this unit to anyone as it has a built-in pump that removes the water upward if needed and I never have to worry about emptying the container as this unit has a hose to travel into a cellar sub-pump system. Mold has apparently not set in anywhere, and we don't detect any obvious odors after 3 months. The DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pt. Energy Star Dehumidifier with Patented Pump is reasonably fast and very effective in decreasing humidity in the home. I have also noticed my allergies flaring up much less while in my home.

My only issue is that the dehumidifier needs to be on a perfectly level floor to work best, otherwise the water will not flow out of the hose properly. Other than noting that, I would recommend this model to virtually anyone who needs to dehumidify their home.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews