Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,534,307 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire : FFU21F5HW 21 cu. ft. Freezer

frigidaire-ffu21f5hw-21-cu-ft-freezer photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I like to buy food in bulk. Having to feed my family requires the purchase of lots of chicken nuggets, pounds of hamburger, and cartons of ice cream. The first time I bought a freezer, I purchased a wider model with a top door. I got extremely frustrated with having to dig through packages of frozen food to find the one thing I needed. I also ended up having inedible food in the freezer because I could never see it and then forgot that it was there.

I chose to purchase this unit because of the relatively low price. I am extremely happy that I did.

The design is the best things about this unit. The shelves are great. The are thin so they don't take up a lot of space but still sturdy enough to solidly hold anything I've put on it. I set the shelves to be closer together at the top to hold smaller items like TV dinners and boxes of frozen waffles. The bottoms shelves are great for larger things like frozen pizza and big packages.

The shelves on the door are great. They are best for things in odd shapes like bags of frozen vegetables and hot dog packages. The draw at the bottom is great for big things like hams. I use it to keep the Popsicles for the kids. Because the drawer is on the bottom and because it slides so easily, the kids have no trouble helping themselves when they want a snack.

My only concern with this unit is that the construction seems a little less than perfectly sturdy. The railings holding things onto the shelves of the drawers are a little flimsy. Though nothing has happened yet, and may never happen, I worry about one of the kids reaching to get something from the shelf and having it snap off onto his head.

Other than that as-of-yet-unrealized problem, I am extremely pleased with the design and performance of this freezer.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,584 times
Default planned obsolescence

Frigidaire builds an inferior product. My stand up freezer lasted 2 years before completely dying. They wouldn't repair it without me having to spend another $320+ to purchase an extended warranty. The new warranty will only last another 2 years. I wouldn't recommend this product or manufacturer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews