Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

I'm so glad we bought this snow thrower from a store that accepts returns with no questions asked. This could not have been a bigger piece of junk.

First of all, as soon as we got it home we realized that it was missing a bolt. This was brand new when we bought it. My husband has plenty of tools so he was able to fix it up with no problem. We were a little annoyed but tried not to let it cloud our overall opinion.

When the first snowfall came we used this snow thrower for our home and our neighbor's home and it worked like a charm. We thought that we may have actually made a great purchase. However, that first snowfall was less than an inch and melted very quickly. The first time it actually snowed more than an inch, the snow thrower totally shut down.

It turned out that the belt had just completely slipped off. My husband struggled with it for over an hour and finally got it reinstalled. Unfortunately I couldn't help him with it, but the next time the belt slipped off (which was the next time we used it!) I was able to help him. This time it went much faster but it still didn't fix the problem. When the belt slipped again, we ended up packing it up and returning it.

Of the snow throwers we looked at, this was in the top price range. We really felt that it should have been the best quality out there and should have been able to handle a few inches of snow. I can't even imagine how it would perform in the February blizzard we get here in Chicago. Luckily we did find another snow thrower that got the job done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews