Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10 Cup Coffee Maker

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

In May of 2008, when my wife and I were first married, we were gifted a Cuisanart Grind & Brew 10 cup coffee maker. This has probably been the most useful gift that we have used from our wedding, and the only thing that I think has seen the daily use and abuse as much is the bed that was gifted us at the same time. The greatest thing about this coffee maker is that everything happens all at once and in one place; my coffee gets ground and brewed without ever leaving the same machine.

Every night before I go to bed, I clean out the grinder, wash the coffee pot, and recycle the old grains. This all happens so easily because everything comes apart so simply! The filter is also easy to clean, and because this uses a metallic coffee filter you never have to buy filters. This is one less thing you have to throw away. When I'm done cleaning all I do is load the coffee into the grinder, set the coffee to go off at six AM, and then I go to sleep. When I wake up I have coffee ground from my own Starbucks beans and I'm good to go. Every time I've brewed coffee it's tasted wonderful, and I can't really think of any time where it has messed up my coffee.

One thing I will complain about is, however, that you have to make sure you close everything up perfectly. By perfectly I mean that you need to align the filter, the housing that sits on top of the filter, and all the other parts where water passes through perfectly. You must do this because sometimes the coffee maker will dump all the water it's boiling onto the counter if everything's not lined up. This has happened to us on at least two or three occasions, until we realized that everything must always be properly lined up. This really stinks when you're supposed to have your coffee machine and the smell of coffee waking you up. Instead of that fresh morning smell of coffee, you're waking up wondering where your coffee is just to see it all over the counter and kitchen floor.

In short this is a great 10 cup coffee maker that makes you ten, five ounce ups of coffee. It's fully programmable for 24 hours, and you can even pause the brew to get a cup before the coffee pot is done. Like most modern coffee makers it has a charcoal water filter, and it can even make 1-4 cups of coffee with a special 1-4 cup feature. All in all this coffee machine has proven useful, and has been reliable. Just remember to make sure that everything is reassembled correctly before brewing a cup of coffee!

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews