Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Rowenta 1500W Steam Iron
Rowenta steam irons are well known in the sewing and crafting industry for their wonderful steaming and ironing ability. They are also very good irons to press your clothing. My Rowenta steam iron was purchased in 2009 at a Black Friday sale the day after Thanksgiving. The retail price for this particular model, the 1500W is $75 dollars, but I was also to get it for $39 dollars because of the Black Friday sale prices and coupons. This is about the only time one can find a Rowenta at such a great price.
The Rowenta steam iron is well made and has several great features such as the different ways that the iron will automatically shut itself off. If I walk away from my iron after about 6 or 7 minutes it will turn itself off and I accidentally tipped it over on to my cutting table and it shut itself off so that no fabric or surface would be burned. The iron also has a no steam feature which will let the user use the iron on fabrics that cannot take water, such as velvets and satins.
The iron is also a miracle in that it does not drip or spit water when the iron is on a lower fabric setting. Most other brands of irons will always do this, making wet spots on your clothing or fabric that are sometimes hard to get out. The water reservoir is very large, holding a great deal of water that will enable the crafter or ironer not to have to run to the sink often. One of the nice things about the Rowenta irons is that they are made to use regular old tap water and not distilled or purified water.
Cleaning an iron is a pain and the iron will spit out the cleaner through the wholes in the soleplate. When this happens if you have not cleaned it thoroughly the iron cleaner can leave stains on your clothing. With the Rowenta steam iron you do not have to worry about this happening. The iron is a self cleaning one freeing you from the yucky mess of an iron cleaner. However, you may need at times to clean just the soleplate, because some things may stick to it. A good soleplate cleaner is very easy to use.
The warranty on Rowenta irons is one year. The company will either replace or repair your iron if something happens to it within that one year's period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews