Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Proform 1050e Elliptical

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I love this elliptical. It is better than the one I use at the gym. It took me only an hour or so to put it together, mostly because it is pretty heavy. Instructions were very clear and easy to read.

The great thing about this elliptical is that you can adjust your incline and many ellipticals do not allow you to do that. Most ellipticals will allow for an adjustment in the resistance only, but this one allows for adjustments in both the resistance and the incline. Adjusting the incline allows you to focus on different muscle groups so you don't feel as though you are working out the same area all the time. The display is very easy to read and shows every feature you would want to see, such as heartrate, distance, speed, calories burned, calories per hour, resistance, and time. While it is very convenient to be able to see all of these stats, I tend to cover them up with a towel when I am working out because I feel like it goes by faster if I am not looking at the time every 30 seconds.

A couple of really cool features that not many other machines have are the personal trainer card that plugs into your machine, keeps track of your workouts, and has an actual personal trainer voice that pushes you to work harder. This is nice because not everyone can afford to have a personal trainer and it is nice to have someone there pushing you and telling you what to do. Anyone can work out, but not everyone knows exactly what they should be doing. Also there is an iPod dock and speakers to plug your iPod into so you don't have the inconvenience of holding it or wearing one of those uncomfortable armbands.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an elliptical trainer, it has got to be the best one on the market. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews