Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright

dyson-dc25-ball-all-floors-upright photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Overall I'm happy with this vacuum cleaner. We have a combination of carpets, hardwood, tile and linoleum in our home. I wanted one machine that could do it all and this certainly fits the bill. It is rather large, but considering that I don't need other machines to do the dirty work, that isn't a huge problem. It is also a bit heavy but I have a smaller vacuum that I pull out when I need to do just a really small job.

Aside from the ability to clean numerous surfaces, my other priority was being able to easily use the attachments. Before purchasing this machine, I'd been using a really old model of my mother-in-law's. There were numerous useful attachments but it was really a pain to get them off and on. You had to completely unplug the vacuum, which isn't always easy when you have it plugged in two rooms away. With this model though, it's really simple to change the attachments.

One test of any vacuum cleaner is its ability to do stairs. In this respect, this model does fail. When you try to carry it up and do them manually, you're dealing not only with a vacuum that's simply too heavy to carry correctly, you're also dealing with the balls getting in the way of the brushes. It's simply impossible to do the stairs this way. It does come with an attachment to do the stairs, which I've been mostly happy with. I do wish it was a little bit wider, as it takes longer to get the stairs done than I'd like. But overall the stairs aren't a huge problem.

As far as the price goes, I think it was a great value for the money.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews