Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

2003 Toyota Highlander

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Toyotas have always brought performance and reliability to the table. The brand is one that I've always trusted and would bet my life on. The 2003 Toyota Highlander really showcases the company's commitment to safety and comfort while, at the same time, refusing to sacrifice performance.
From the outside the vehicle looks nothing too impressive. The squat and boxy frame won't win any awards for style or luxuriousness but this utilitarian approach to body design is fitting for a vehicle that really does it all. I understand the chassis of the Highlander is mounted on a car frame. I imagine this is what gives the Highlander such a smooth ride for a sports utility vehicle.
The smoothness of the ride is what really impressed me. Driving other models of sport utility vehicles, I had noticed there was a tendency for these vehicles to bounce and rock far more than it seemed necessary. Perhaps it was the vehicle's roots as an off road performance machine that always creped in, but other vehicles in the class seemed to sacrifice comfort for ruggedness.
The Toyota Highlander not only combined the storage features that make sport utility vehicles popular but also provided a very comfortable ride. The interior was excellent and this was one of the first vehicles I had ever been in that has heated leather seats. That feature above all made the Toyota Highlander near and dear to my heart. I was always turned off by leather seats because they would either get too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter. Thankfully the seat warmers helped compensate for this.
Overall this is an excellent vehicle when trying to balance storage space with comfort. An excellent ride for the suburbanite on the go who needs to schlep the kids back and forth from soccer practice.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews