U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 03:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,157,272 times

Advertisements

Red Sea Max 130D 34 Gallon Aquarium

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Red Sea 130D aquarium costs $999.99, and comes in black, sitting upon a cupboard that supports the 48 by 24 by 30 inch glass aquarium. It isn't the most attractive aquarium available, but it's the perfect viewing height on top of the cupboard and is a great size for a reasonable collection of fish, giving them space in all three dimensions.
The included 4 LED lights illuminate the tank, and this looks absolutely great. The lights are my favorite part of the 130D, because it looks much brighter and yet more natural than most other aquariums. I once had a Red Sea Max 130, which was the previous model before this one and I had several grievances with. However, in their own words Red Sea admit to having learnt from what owners of the Max 130 said about their product, and corrected the numerous problems with ease of us.
The 130D finally has the capability to take care of corals and live plants, with a combination of filtration and circulation systems that actually keep plant life very healthy. Another key improvement on the old model is a surface skimmer that collects debris and waste from the surface of the water and pulls it from the tank, saving you doing a huge amount of cleaning. The circulation keeps water moving at a speed of three times per hour, and since buying the Red Seas 130D, I've had to do surprisingly little maintenance.
If the tank looked a little more aesthetically pleasing and the build quality was better, than I would fully recommend the 130D. As it is, I believe that the price of nearly $1000 is too high for what it is, because it's possible to buy tanks of a similar standard for less.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,427 times
I have not yet bought the red sea max 130D but i can tell you its the best tank ive seen out of so many,an yes the price might be a little higher,but look what you are getting.Its something in its own CLASS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews