Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

L. L. Bean Ultra Dome Two-Person Tent

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The L.L.Bean Ultra Dome Two-Person Tent, priced at $149.00, is a quality tent that can fit two people quite easily, but it lacks when compared to other tents of comparable, or even lesser, prices. This L.L.Bean tent's floor dimensions are 7'1" in length by 5'10" in width, with an overal tent area of 38 square feet. The peak height of this two-person tent is 3'11" and it weighs approximately 8 pounds and 2 ounces.
To put together this L.L.Bean Ultra Dome tent, you use the included 5 fiberglass poles, and color-coded clip system, however if a single individual is putting together this tent on his or her own, it can seem rather tricky and difficult. Although, with 2 people, the set-up of this L.L.Bean tent is pretty easy. Another flaw I found with set up, is that the spokes for attatching the tethers into the ground seemed to break rather easily when pounding them into the ground. However, the materials the tent and fly were made out of, including rip-stop polyester, prove to be of high-quality. Part of the walls of the tent itself are made from mesh panels for air flow, and there is one D-style door. There are also pockets throughout the interior of the tent for ample storage.
Overall, I am satisfied with this tent, but I think that other tents offer better features for the price. For example, I am aware of other models that are quite comparable to the L.L. Bean Ultra Dome Two-Person Tent that are lower in price, weigh less, and are of higher quality. This L.L.Bean tent isn't awful, it just, unfortunately, isn't very impressive for the $149.00 price tag.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews