U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 01:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,158,356 times

Advertisements

Samsung LN46A950 LCD TV

samsung-ln46a950-lcd-tv photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Once I made the decision to purchase a widescreen LCD TV, choosing the brand was easy. I have several Samsung products and I have always been happy with the results. After researching the different models and sizes, I decided on the Samsung LN46A950. It features LCD backlight technology with 4 ms LCD Pixel response time and has a variety of widescreen modes including wide and zoom. It also has a color temperature control and offers progressive scan.

The TV has custom, standard, music, movie and speech adjustment and I can choose from French, English, or Spanish. It comes HDTV Ready and has parental channel lock. The sound is in stereo and it has surround mode for a great overall effect and a USB Port for memory. The features the TV offers never seem to end. The picture quality is incredible and it can reach black levels that you don't get from any other LCD.

The TV had vivid colors that are great for games as well as the Blu-Ray movies. The picture is also clear with very little blur. It has all these great features packed into one lightweight frame which makes it easy to handle. It is also easy to hook up so you don't have to get help unless you are completely incompetent.

The bottom line with the TV is that it offers the clearest and most life-like picture I have ever seen on a TV. I love the size and can't believe how real everything appears. This TV has introduced me to an entirely new world in entertainment because of the quality of the picture. The sound is great too so I can get lost in a movie like I have never done before. It is so clear that you will feel like you are watching the real thing instead of staring at a TV screen.

Some of the other LCD TVs that I have seen have had a lot of motion blur that interrupted the picture. This one feature alone is enough to make it the best LCD widescreen TV on the market.

Too often I have tried products because of the brand name only to find out that they weren't of the same quality that the other products were. With the Samsung TV, the quality and the technology is every bit as good, if not better, than that of the other products.

The only negative about the Samsung 950 TV is the price and if you want quality, it is worth the money.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews