Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool Accubake 30" Stainless Steel Gas Stove Model: WFG371LVS

whirlpool-accubake-30-stainless-steel-gas-stove-model photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Whirlpool Accubake Gas stove retails for $749-$899.00. Gas connector and power cord are sold separately. This stove with a 5th burner provides ample amount of room when a heavy amount of cooking is taking place. I find the 5th burner to be extremely convenient. The interior of the stove provides enough room for two 9"by 13" pans to be cooking on each of the two racks, and with Whirlpools Accubake system you are guaranteed even cooking throughout the oven whether you are baking or broiling. I have never had a time when my food was not cooked evenly, no matter how full my oven was.
Easy cleaning. When it comes to the gas range it can be slightly frustrating to clean both top burner racks are cumbersome to clean, but easy to remove, I try to wash them in the dishwasher, making the process a bit more bearable. The smooth porcelain finish of the stove top does wipe easy, and it is easy to remove baked on food. The oven has a self cleaning mode making scrubbing of the oven obsolete, I love the fact that the oven door automatically locks during the self cleaning mode, making it safe for my children.
The storage drawer under the oven is great, who doesn't need more space in their kitchen, it works great for cooling racks and baking dishes, sometimes even bags of chips.
The electronic lockout prevents unintentional activation and is ideal for eliminating unsupervised use by children. I love the timer it prevents me from burning anything I am baking and the large glass window with interior oven light is great for checking on my baking without releasing the heat of the oven. The burner knobs make it easy to control the burner flames to get the right amount of heat for each individual item your cooking. Much easier to control than most gas ranges.
Overall this oven is great, compared to the Frigidaire Gallery 30" Self-cleaning gas range stainless steel model FGGF3041KF this oven door is much more stable and overall built better with the Whirlpool Accubake having a retail price of $49-100 less than the comparable Frigidaire.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews