Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Midwest Tropical 8 Sided Aquarium Tower

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I never used to have any particularly interest in fish, but for some reason I always found other people's fish tanks and more significantly their aquariums fascinating.* So now I'm a little older and more settled, I decided I'd love to have one of my own, but didn't want any of those monster tropical fishes, just a few of the smaller, but brightly colored little swimmers. *
Having taken advice, I opted for the 8 sided tower manufactured by Midwest Tropical.* I went for this one for several reasons, but initially it was its striking shape which wowed me.* The octagon column offers fabulous, and dare I say, unique viewing angles, making it a real focal point of any room; but at the same time it takes up minimal space, which was precisely what I was after.* Also, the tower is only recommended for the smaller freshwater fish - again my preference - as the larger salt-water fish require wider tanks.* *
At 80 inches in height, the tower is a real star attraction; it comes with filtration, lighting and air pumps and is of modern seamless acrylic construction.* This provides clearer visibility in comparison to glass and is much lighter, meaning it is more portable, so doesn't become a permanent fixture in one spot.* One down side however, is the ease in which the acrylic scratches, so that is something to be aware of.*
At $1,590 it might seem a little pricey, but I believe it is good value for money.* Rival manufacturers are asking between $150 and $300 more for what I see as inferior designs.* There is definitely something hypnotic about these little creatures, who basically do nothing but look pretty, but before you know it, you've spent an hour watching them - I wonder what they think of us?*

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews