Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 05:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Elite WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I bought the Elite WeatherMaster tent for my family so we could all fit into one tent. I have to say that while I do not hate the tent, I am not impressed and have to wonder what has happened to the Coleman that always made high quality products. The tent had some neat features like a hinged door and a screened "porch" style area, but I would easily trade the "features" for a solid tent that keeps my family dry.

The Good:

Set up of the WeatherMaster is fairly easy taking my family only around 15 minutes to get it done. Also, the tent looks nice when it is set up and is very roomy.

The Bad:

The main reason I want a tent when I am camping with my family is to keep the weather out. You would think with a name like WeatherMaster, this tent would do that well. You would also think with Coleman's reputation for making good products buying a tent from them would be a safe bet. In the case of the WeatherMaster neither of these assumptions were true. The second night of camping there was quite a bit of rain and sadly, a lot of that rain wound up in my tent. I thought the problem was with how I had situated the rain cover, but the next night, the same problem happened. Luckily the rest of the camping trip was dry.

Overall I would not recommend the Elite WeatherMaster tent, while it looks nice and is roomy it has some serious issues with weather. I am actually rather bummed that I can not give this product a good review as I have used a lot of Coleman products over the years and up until now they have served me well.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews