Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 12:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Panasonic NI-W750TS 360-Degree Quick Multi-Directional Steam Iron

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I recently purchased the Panasonic NI-W750TS 360-Degree Quick Multi-Directional Steam Iron for my family. There are several things about the iron that I like, but there are a lot more things that I dislike about it.

I hated the Titanium soleplate: I like the smoothness of polished stainless steel soleplate much more than the titanium. While the titanium plate doesn't stick to the fabric, it doesn't glide as smoothly as stainless steel does. I also didn't like the feel of the Iron: This iron, while light, feels very flimsy to me, and this iron has to accommodate the football shaped soleplate. Also, while ironing, the handle warms up more than other irons. There are also no digital readouts: Ever since my previous iron, I've been spoiled by a digital screen and all the indicators that come with it. The Panasonic has a simple dial to control the temperature and that's about it. The auto shut off is indicated by an orange light. As well, not a huge amount of steam gets dispensed: In comparison to other irons, this iron does not put out as much steam.

However, there were things that I did like about the Panasonic Iron that would almost justify the cost of this item. I loved the multidirectional soleplate. Because there are two "points" to iron with, I was able to get through more shirts quickly. I also liked the design of the iron since it looks streamlined and classy. As well, the power cord on this iron is amazing. I was able to iron a distance away from the outlet without tripping.

Overall, the only real reason I would get this iron is for that soleplate. Because there are two "pointed ends" to this iron, I was able to iron much more efficiently. Asides from that, the iron itself is only average.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews