Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 01:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

3HP, 10 Gallon, 115 PSI Central Pneumatic Air Compressor

3hp-10-gallon-115-psi-central-pneumatic-air-compressor photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Just last week I purchased a 3HP, 10 Gallon, 115 PSI Central Pneumatic brand air compressor from Harbor Freight tools. It was on sale at $119.97, down from $179.99. This 10-gallon compressor has a four-horsepower peak with a three-horsepower rating. It's powered by a heavy duty electric motor with thermal overload protection. And when you need to refill the oil on the compressor itself, there's a clear window on te side. There are also easy to use pressure and regulator meters and gauges that indicated CFM and PSI, and the outside of the compressor has an ABS plastic shroud that protects it.

For the $119 price this was one of the best compressors, and I could not have been a happier customer. Just after purchasing it, I used it with my automotive air tools to replace all of the wheels and the whole suspension on my car. There was not one single issue I had when using it. First, I was able to remove the tires with the impact wrench before it had to refill any air. I also used it with my impact gun, ratchet wrench, and my cutoff wheel. All of them worked flawlessly. This turned out to be a great compressor for the home mechanic.

In short, if I had to recommend a compressor to someone for home mechanic use, this would be your best bet. If you're doing heavy-duty work, a larger compressor would probably suit you better. But this should work fine if you're doing work like your wheel replacement, brakes, suspension, tires, and some body work. In short if you need a compressor around the house and you don't have one, this may be your best bet. It's reliable, runs well, and does the job if you're doing minor mechanical work that involves automotive air tools. Like anything from Harbor Freight it's cheaper, but if you're not beating it hard it will last a long time.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews