Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 02:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Weber Genesis® E-310 - Gas Grill

weber-genesisr-e-310-gas-grill photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Barbecuing should be a pleasant, relaxing experience that results in a tasty dish or two to serve as the centerpiece of an enjoyable meal. The Weber Genesis E-310 gas grill goes a long way in making this a reality for everyone from the novice griller to the experienced backyard chef. This grill has a 637-square inch surface with 507 square inches of primary cooking space. Although it is the smallest of Weber's Genesis line, I've found this mid-sized grill to be sufficiently large when I've entertained family and friends. The 130-square inch warming rack is perfect for keeping corn on the cob, breads, or side dishes warm while the main dish is being grilled.

The unit features cast iron, porcelain-enameled, cooking grates that serve two main purposes. First, they help to hold and distribute the heat evenly. Second, the foods do not stick to this cooking surface as easily as they do to other types of cooking surfaces. Another plus is that these grilling rods are much thicker and closer together than they are on many other gas grills. This means that more delicate items, such as hamburgers, fish and some types of vegetables are less likely to crumble and fall through the grates when they are being turned. This model has three stainless steel burners that help to ensure that heat is delivered evenly to the cooking surface. A thermometer is located in the center of the front shield and registers to 750?F, making it easy for the cook to maintain the proper temperature for hot dogs, steaks, turkeys, and everything in between. There are two stainless steel working surfaces--one on each side of the grilling area--that usually provide me with enough room for the platter of items to be grilled, a small bowl of basting sauce, and seasonings. This model also does not have a side burner. The next Genesis model up does, but it was priced at almost $100 more, and I personally believe that a side burner is not necessary and prefer the extra working surface.

The Weber Genesis E-310 grill is supported by four sturdy casters, the front two of which lock in place. This design allows the grill to be moved easily when necessary, but keeps the grill almost immobile after it has been properly leveled and setup on what is typically not a location with an even surface. This eliminates the frustrating task of constantly having to re-level it. The unit comes in multiple colors (mine is black) and has a porcelain-enameled hood and an enclosed cart below the grill body that, combined, provide for a smart-looking appearance. The enclosed cart also provides storage capacity.

This is definitely not one of the lower-priced, mid-sized models. Its average retail price is $650. Home Depot has a couple of models with similar features that range in price from $200 (Brinkmann) to $400 (Char-Broil), and Kenmore (my previous brand) offers a similar model that retails for around $350. We use our grill frequently--an average of five times a week, weather-permitting-- and have even grilled in the snow from time to time, so we decided that the extra money was worth the reputation that Weber has for durability.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews