Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 06:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

iRobot Scooba 350 model # 6000

irobot-scooba-350-model-6000 photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This version of the iRobot floor cleaning machines makes floor washing simple! I personally love it! The Scooba cleans my floor using a 4 stage process. It preps the floor by picking up dirt, sand and crumbs through a little vacuum. It washes the floor using clean water continuously. It Scrubs the floor with a rotating brush that removes dirt and stuck on grime and finally it squeegees the floor to lift the dirty water away from the floor and holds it in an on board dirty water tank. The machine is incredibly smart if it passes a spot that has extra grime, say a spot of jelly, it will circle the spot scrubbing it until it senses that it is gone. On one charge the Scooba can typically clean a 500 square foot area and needs its water changed after about 250 square feet depending on how dirty your floor is. The Scooba takes a special cleaner either the Scooba brand hard floor cleaner or I prefer a water vinegar mixture its much cheaper and I like to use less chemicals on my floors. I typically remove all my dining room chairs set up the virtual wall and start my scooba just as I'm leaving the house when we get home I have a clean floor and I had to do nothing. Now to clean the Scooba it's important you rinse both the clean and dirty water tank, empty the dirt trap and wipe the bottom. I have had the dirty water gum up in the tank cause I have let it sit a day or so before cleaning it out then it needs a really good cleaning and can take some time to do, so I don't recommend letting it sit. The batteries die fast on this product and will need to be replaced although they are rechargeable, they still don't last long before they don't take a charge anymore. If any part breaks, it's easy to order replacement parts and they are fairly inexpensive online. The battery however is expensive to replace. Overall I love this machine; it is worth the money to have all the extra time it saves me.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews