Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 07:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Eureka Copper Canyon 1610 Tent

eureka-copper-canyon-1610-tent photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This tent retails for $379.90 and looks really impressive. I had seen some comparable sized tents but I picked this Eureka model because it looked better made. I waited to set it up the first time my wife and I went camping, and with her help, it was relatively easy to do.

We camped at one of those sites where you just stop your car at the camp site, and I'm glad we did now that I know how heavy the tent actually is. Had it been a hiking trip, it would have added a lot of weight to the pack.

We love the design and the great amount of space. The screened porch is as large as the sleeping quarters. There's 160 square feet covered, and both rooms have skylights in them. The ceilings are high enough that you can stand without stooping, which has been a problem with many of the other tents I have had, and the outside walls are almost straight up making the floor space look larger as well as being more useful.

For two people camping, this is a great size tent. It would serve at least four without getting too cramped. You can enter the sleeping area from the outside or the screened area, which is a good design feature.

What I don't like about the tent is the screened area doesn't have a floor in it. I guess this was designed that way on purpose. The support poles don't seem substantial enough and I'm not sure how it will hold up in high winds.

We have had good service from this tent so far, and even though I would consider another brand the next time I buy, this tent ranks four out of five stars to me.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews