Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I am very pleased with this camera. I wanted a camera which would take superior photos, high-quality videos, and ease of use and that is exactly what I received. The HD videos are incredible quality, the picture is so clear it looks like you are seeing the scene in person. The 3" LCD screen is beautiful and not grainy at all, photos that are enlarged still come out very clear, and the sound quality on the mic is superb. I have often had problems in the past with photos being clear when I take them because auto-focus takes so long, or with photos losing their clarity when enlarged. This camera eliminates that problem. The auto-focus on photos works very quickly and the camera recovers fast enough to take photos in a quick succession. The speed is brilliant and when trying to capture a moving object there is very little blur, if any.

The camera itself is very small and convenient both to carry and to use. There are specific buttons just for shooting video and the Quick Control button makes searching for options super easy. A lot of cameras have many different complicated menus to go through to find what you want but the quick control button allows you to access everything very quickly and easily. I love that I do not have to adjust any dials to shoot a video, I just push one button and it goes right into video mode. The videos can have sound if you would like, as well. The camera does not have a microphone but you can purchase one for relatively cheap, but it does pick up some sound anyway and with great quality, hardly any disturbance.

The only complaint I have is that the video camera does not auto-focus which causes videos to either be blurry or shaky. Though, I have discovered that using a tripod helps immensely, though is quite the inconvenience. I would for sure recommend this camera to anyone looking for a very high-end product for a low price, in comparison to others which have the same features.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews