Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Ryobi Torque IV Drill - P201

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Ryobi Torque IV drill, model P201, has been one of the most useful and easy to use drills I have ever had in my toolbox. I bought this in the ZRP842 kit which included a flashlight, circular saw, flashlight, reciprocating saw, and two rechargeable 18 volt batteries. I have used this drill for everything from taking car parts off, screwing in hinges on my interior doors, to drilling holes for deck bolts. In all applications this 18 volt drill has accomplished its task, and while if I were doing something different than simple around-the-home work I would use something more heavy duty, this has been great for most easy projects around the house.

Overall the build quality is adequate. The plastic housing stands up to most drops from a distance. I've tossed this drill onto the ground many times with no ill effect. Like any tool it needs to stand up to pretty regular abuse, and this one has worked quite well for the past year, and I have had no issues at all with respect to damage from "using it hard, and putting it away wet." I would recommend this to anyone who uses there tools pretty hard, but doesn't use them outside their intended use from the manufacturer.

There are also numerous features worth mentioning. The quick mode selector is an excellent feature that allows you to choose between drilling and driving modes, depending on the work that you're doing. Also, the two-speed transmission and 24 different positions on the clutch allow for you to vary your torque depending on your application. Even high-torque jobs are easy with this feature. All of the gears are easy enough to move around, so that if you're moving between different jobs it will not be difficult to change the settings. Also, the half-inch single sleeve keyless chuck allows you to quickly change bits without taking too much time away from your job.

The Ryobi Torque IV Drill, model P201 has been an excellent tool around the house for me, and no doubt it would for most anyone. The 18v chargers mean that this drill packs a punch over its 14.4 cousins, and you can get a lot of stuff done around the home with a quality product like this. It's easy to use, easy to change bits, and easy to change gears. In short it's an excellent drill for at home use, and it can stand up to normal, everyday abuse. I would definitely recommend this to my friends or anyone else interested in a quality product whose chargers can be used on multiple products.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews