Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Bissell Powerforce Bagged Upright Vacuum 71Y7

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought the Bissell Powerforce vacuum after my last vacuum stopped working. My main reason for choosing this model is that it was the most economical choice at the time and I didn't want to spend a lot, especially since my last vacuum was an expensive model that only lasted about a year. For an inexpensive vacuum this does a good job.

The vacuum is fairly lightweight and easily move and carry. It doesn't work well on the stairs although it is easy to carry up and down the staircase.

This vacuum works just as well as many more expensive models. I have two dogs and it easily picks up dog hair on both the tile and carpet. It has very few attachments, so isn't a good choice if you enjoy a large selection of optional features or add ons. The hose is rather short and no extension is available, which means that you have to move the vacuum frequently when cleaning corners or baseboards. This can get frustrating very quickly.

Another drawback to this vacuum is that it doesn't pull up crushed carpet very well. In the heavily trafficked areas of my home, the carpet gets crushed and while this vacuum will pick up dirt and hair, it does nothing to restore the fluff to my carpet. This makes traffic areas highly visible and worn out looking.

I have had the belt break once, but it is easy to replace and a fairly inexpensive fix. The bags are easy to load and to replace when necessary.

This vacuum is really easy to put together. There are only three screws and I used the vacuum for several weeks without using them. When purchased the belts are already attached, which makes assembly very easy.

The Bissell Powerforce vacuum is one of the cheapest vacuums around, but is long lasting and a great value. I highly recommend it.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews