Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 01:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Current USA Solana XL 67 Gallon Aquarium & Modern Black Stand

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I had one of those dinky little aquariums when I still lived with my folks that had enough room for two or three fish. It wasn't that big a deal to me, so when my employer said he wanted a tank for the new location of the restaurant, I wondered why. He proceeded to tell me it was my job to locate one.

Without going into the details of how I arrived at selecting the Solana, it was a good fit for the location we had available for the aquarium. The restaurant has a small vestibule that each patron comes through when entering. Traffic flows to the left and right and the aquarium fits comfortably in an alcove just beyond the two doorways.

Because the entry doesn't have glass doors coming into it, the area has low light. The lamp for the aquarium puts out just enough light for the atmosphere surrounding it. I chose the Solana because it was recommended favorably by a friend who works at a local pet store, and because the black cabinet doesn't draw attention away from the fish.

The filtration system keeps the water clean very efficiently, but we do have someone to perform weekly maintenance on the aquarium which probably helps. It took me some time to stock the fish as I let my friend direct me on the types of fish that would live harmoniously together. It was a learning process, and it got me interested in the world of tropical fish once again.

We haven't had any problems with the aquarium since we put it in nine months ago, and for anyone who is willing to pay the $1,699.99 price, I recommend the Solana brand. The one thing I didn't like when we bought it was that it didn't come with a light. For the price paid, that seems to be something that should have been included.

On a five-star rating system, I give this aquarium a four because of the light not being included and the price of the setup.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews