Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Precor Elliptical Machine EFX 5.21si

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have owned the Precor Elliptical EFX 5.21si for approximately seven years. It has proven to be durable, easy to use, easy to clean, and built with a good design. The purchase price was just under $3,000. While the price initially seemed high, it has proven itself to be worth the money. In the seven years of owning it, I have had to move it three times. It is a very heavy unit but worth it's weight in quality.

This elliptical machine constantly tells me how I am progressing in my workout. It's digital display shows how high the cross ramp is, your resistance level, time you've been on the machine, strides per minute, total strides, calories burned, and heart rate. However, to use the heart rate monitor on the machine, you must purchase a separate package, which I opted not to purchase.

The machine also comes with preprogrammed courses such as: manual, cross training, gluteal, interval, heart rate (once again you need the additional package), weight loss, random, and custom. The custom course is one that you can program for yourself, depending on what you want to accomplish and in how much time you want to do it for.

In the time that I have owned this machine, I have really enjoyed using it. It is dependable and very easy to use. The buttons are self explanatory and although I read the manual I felt that I could use the machine without having read it. The digital display changes every few seconds and cycles through the options, such as total strides and calories burned. Although it is an expensive model, I feel that it was worth the money. I have used it a lot and feel that it is every bit as good today as it has been in the past. Excellent quality.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews