Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Panasonic NA-C78SR Iron

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Of all the irons I have ever used, the Panasonic NI-C78SR is easily the best as an all-rounder. It fits into the price bracket between cheap and expensive at $49.99 and I haven't seen anything else for the same price that is of the same quality.
The Panasonic NI-C78SR excels at making life easy for you, especially if you would rather be doing something else other than ironing. It has a detachable water container to avoid soaking the entire iron by trying to fill it through a small hole, and doesn't ever seem to need to be cleaned, because of a 'self-cleaner' that gets rid of all the undesirable things you can find in your water supply. There are 5 settings for different fabrics, and if you have trouble deciding which to use, the Panasonic NI-C78SR has a list of fabrics and ideal temperatures printed on the underside of it to help you.
It doesn't look particularly special as it's green and white plastic, but it's well ergonomically designed and very comfortable to use. My iron came with a warranty but has had absolutely no problems since I first bought it. To save time, there's also a hand button that activates a self-retractable power cord, and despite having a stainless steel soleplate, the Panasonic NI-C78SR isn't heavy or awkward.
It's certainly possible to find better irons out there, but you won't find anything as good as this for the same price or less. The Panasonic NI-C78SR is reliable, easy to use, value for money and easy to store, and the self-cleaner, fabric settings instructions and retractable cord make it almost foolproof for anyone like me who prefers to cut corners and spend as little time ironing as possible.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews