Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Electrolux Oxygen Ultra Pet Air Purifier- Model EL500AZ

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

We have 5 cats and after moving to South Carolina my husband developed allergies and the five indoor cats seem to make his allergies worse. We bought the Electrolux Ultra air purifier because we have owned other Electrolux products and been very satisfied with them. This air purifier was no different. We have found that it really makes a difference in the cleanliness of the air and with my husband's allergies.

The Electrolux Ultra Pet Air Purifier is perfect for us because we do have 5 indoor cats. We have this air purifier in our main living area because that is where the cats spend most of their time. This air purifier covers nearly 400 square feet of area so it does a great job in the large space. The fan has five speeds and makes use of a filtration process that involves multiple steps. So the air smells really clean. There is a carbon filter that also removes odors from smoke, pets etc. The HEPA filter removes 99.97% of debris, dust, allergens and dirt.

I usually have to vacuum my house everyday with five cats but since we got this air purifier I can do it every other day or even every two days. I do not like that the filter needs to be replaces and not just cleaned out. For what we paid for this purification system I would have liked a reusable filter. It needs to be changed a lot because of the five cats and all the fur. There is a light that tells you when the filter needs to be replaced. I will vacuum it out and reuse it a few times if I can just to save the money on replacing the filet. Other than the filter I would recommend this air purification system to someone looking to buy one. It may be expensive but I think it is worth it in the long run. Especially if you have animals.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews