Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire 13.7 Cu. Ft. Upright Freezer - LFFU14F5HW

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Taking care of my family often means that I have more frozen items than room in my freezer. Buying a separate upright freezer can allow me to stock up on even the frozen foods when I go to the grocery store. I decided to purchase the Frigidaire 13.7 Cubic Foot Upright Freezer over the chest type freezers that were available. I like the fact that I can easily get to the food without having to dig in a chest freezer and that I can see most everything in the freezer. In addition, I think it is the perfect size, without being too big for my space or having a lot of unused space in the freezer. It has five door shelves and four main shelves inside which makes it perfect for organizing foods that we will use. Unfortunately, it did not last as long as I would have wanted, because it only lasted for six months until it needed the control panel replaced. While this was covered under warranty, I am disappointed in that it broke down that quickly. I hope that it was just a fluke and that it will not occur again, but I don't know if I would recommend this freezer, simply due to this fact. We purchased it on sale, which made it a very good price, but if there is additional work that needs to be done after the warranty has expired, this will make it not a very good value, especially if you add in the cost of the food that you will lose if you don't notice quickly enough. It is a little louder than I expected, but this is not a big deal as it is out in the garage. I would look at other brands and see if you can find a comparable one at a fair price.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews