Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

2006 Hummer H3

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

While this vehicle may be considered the more sensible Hummer model, the H3 still is sorely lacking when compared against its competition. In my mind, I feel the introduction off the H3 was a good step forward by Hummer. Its original introduction model, the H2, was too bulky and unwieldy to be useful to anyone. It was great for going off road but navigating the streets of suburbia was a difficult proposition at best. How one of these vehicles ever made it around Chicago is beyond me.
Nevertheless, the main feature of the H3 is its reduced bulk. The vehicle's exterior is certainly far sleeker and toned down than the boat on wheels that the Hummer H2 represented. The H3 still had that rugged swagger that undoubtedly attracts potential car buyers. An improvement over the H2 is that the H3 isn't as wasteful on storage and interior space as its predecessor. This vehicle can certainly haul a bit more while being smaller in size.
A point of contention for me about Hummer vehicles is that these automobiles are largely retrofitted military designs intended for civilian use. With that in mind, do you think they could have had made the passenger windows a bit bigger? They look only big enough for a rifle to stick out. The small windows not only make Hummer vehicles dark in the interior but compound the difficult of maneuvering this vehicle around in traffic.
Riding in a Hummer H3 is also a difficult experience. The vehicle's off road roots really shine through and makes the H3 a rugged and bouncy ride that tosses its occupants around. I imagine going over rocks and into the mountains with this vehicle is fun but considering how few people actually use their Hummer for that it just reinforces how unnecessary this vehicle is.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews