Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Reduce 40 Liter Trash Compactor Can

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have always wanted a trash compactor, but have never had the space for a built in one, so I was excited to find this stand alone compactor. It is a round and attactive 10.2 gallon can that also serves as a trash compactor. It is efficient, easy to use and can easily replace a standard trash can.

While it does a very good job at compacting trash, it is not electric. It uses manual force to compact the trash. It is a little pricey considering that you do smash the trash down yourself. The can includes a special smashing lever that you use to manually push the trash down. It works much better than you might expect and I find that I can fit at least twice as much trash in each trash bag.

This can uses standard trash bags as well, which is a nice feature. Some trash compactors that I have seen need specially designed bags, which can be expensive. Also since there are no electric parts it doesn't jam. This offers the functionality of a trash compactor without some of the common problems that can be associated with them.

The can is very attractive and has a lid which helps keep trash odors out of the kitchen. It is a pretty narrow can which makes this a convenient choice even for small kitchens. The stainless steel exterior is easy to wipe clean and the can manages to compact the trash without tearing bags or making a mess inside of the can.

This is a great compacting trash can. The only major problem is the price tag. IT is much more expensive than a standard trashcan. However it is well constructed and seems like it will last for quite some time.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews