Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Estate by Whirlpool ETW4100SQ Washer

estate-by-whirlpool-etw4100sq-washer photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Having lived in apartments for many years, I couldn't wait until I got a place where I could have an in-house washing machine. This one seemed like a decent buy and had a reasonable price, so I went ahead and bought it.

This washing machine is supposed to be able to handle extra large loads, but it kind of seemed like a standard-sized washer machine to me. The unit is all white, and white pretty much goes with anything so I had no problem with the look or design.
There are multiple settings for this washer depending on what kind of load is being washed. There are the standard cold, warm, and hot water settings for washing and rinsing, and the water level has four adjustable settings. I like being able to use the lower water settings when I don't have many items in a particular load, because it speeds up all the cycles, and it makes me feel like I am not wasting a bunch of water. I also like my clothes very clean, so I definitely appreciate the "extra heavy" load setting, which increases the wash cycle and rinse time. Also on this unit are the standard "normal, ""gentle," and "permanent press" wash settings.

The washer also has a liquid fabric softener slot for putting my own softener in, and the machine will dispense it at the appropriate time during the wash cycle. This is a feature that I have not always had on the cheaper, quarter-operated laundry machines I used in the past, and it is a definite bonus.

The one annoying feature about this washer is what happens when I wash a large load of towels or sheets. It seems like the towels get wrapped around the agitator, and the when the spin cycle starts, the unit starts rocking and swaying violently. It almost sounds like this thing is a few seconds from exploding. If I stop the spin cycle, and rearrange the item more evenly around the agitator, this will usually fix the problem. Overall this unit gets my clothes very clean, and I think it is definitely a good purchase for the price.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews