Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 12:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Beats Studio Noise Cancelling Headphones by Dr Dre

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Carrying the name of Dr Dre on their label, the Beats Studio headphones are marketed to allow you to hear the result of every studio production decision and the flick of every switch that you can't hear with other headphones. When I first bought them I expected to hear things more clearly, but the difference between normal headphones and Beats Studio ones is instantly noticeable. Listening to songs you've heard before with these headphones makes it obvious, because it's possible to hear notes and musical effects that you've never noticed before.
Part of this is the 'powered isolation', which cancels out background noise from the world around you. In the majority of public areas this works very well, limiting distracting noises to the distance. However, despite soft and breathable fabric on the ear cushions, they can still feel uncomfortable after wearing them for a couple of hours, and they're much more useful and effective to wear in the home then they are outside it.
The music clarity with the Beat Studio headphones is flawless and the bass is very strong, with the help of very strong speaker drivers and amplifiers. The cable is just over one meter long, which I would prefer to be longer for listening in the home. However, for use on the move the Beats Studio headphones are compatible with the new iPhone. The manufacturers have picked their allies by siding with Apple, but these are expensive headphones so most people who are interested in them will probably appreciate this. Unfortunately the headphones take two AAA batteries, which I've found run dry quicker than I would like. In conclusion, the Beats Studio headphones by Dr Dre are definitely worth the $399.99 price, but they aren't at the very top of audio technology available.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews