Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 02:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Haan Floor and Carpet Steamer and Sanitizer - Model FS 20
The Haan model FS20 is a wonderful floor steamer with an optional carpet cleaner attachment. This little beauty really steams your floor and cleans it at the same time. I purchased this steamer in October 2009 from QVC. The retail price for this cleaner is $120 dollars, and I was able to purchase mine for $99 dollars during an online special sale. The Haan Company stated this cleaner will kill 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria lurking on your floors.
The cleaner/steamer/sanitizer is very light weight and easy to use. The unit steams your floors with very hot steam and dries them as you make the passes over the floor. The top of the unit has a fill area where you put your tap water, which is measured out with the enclosed measuring cup. After filling the reservoir, let the unit heat up, and the indicator light on the top of the unit will turn from red to green when it reaches the correct temperature. This entire process only takes a couple of minutes.
The unit also has removable and washable cleaning pads that are used each time you sanitize your floors. These pads can be taken off and thrown in the washer and dryer. Two of these pads are included in your initial purchase. There is also an optional carpet attachment that you can purchase that will enable you to steam clean your carpets and sanitize them as well. This attachment runs about $40 dollars but is well worth the cost to have one machine that will do all your floors. This product is safe for all types of flooring as long as one follows the directions.
There are several things to note when using your Haan. First, a floor protector thick pad is enclosed that you will use to sit your steamer on while it is heating up. If you do not use this pad, the steamer can do damage to your floors. Second, when you are cleaning your floors, do not let the unit stay in one area too long, or damage and/or discoloration can occur to the floor.
If you have pets in your home, this product is definitely for you. I use it weekly on my kitchen floors since I have a dog and a cat. It makes my floor really clean and that means a lot since I have small grandchildren who visit and play on my floors. The Haan unit has worked so well that I intend to purchase one for my daughter who has her own floors to master.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews