Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 03:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

InSinkErator Evolution Compact 3/4 HP Household Food Waste Disposer

insinkerator-evolution-compact-3-4-hp-household-food photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

With an MSRP of $350.00 this food waste disposer is a mid-range model that focuses on effective food grinding paired with quiet operation. It also has a very compact design which far outweighs the offerings of competing models. Since I have an extremely limited amount of space beneath my sink, a compact model was necessary to suit my personal needs.

However, the small design does not mean that the model is lacking in its efficiency. Its proprietary MultiGrind technology easily tackles even the most troublesome foods in a short amount of time. The grinding chamber boasts 34.6 ounces of available space, so even large tasks can be completed with ease.

Since I found the noise level of previous food waste disposal units to be extremely distracting, the effectiveness of the unit's SoundSeal system was much appreciated. The combination of high-grade insulation, and anti-vibration features enable this model to operate in a mode that is significantly quieter than its competitors, yet just as effective. For users who need a quiet option, this is well worth consideration.

The unit also includes a unique sink mount design component which allows the unit to be simply twisted on underneath the sink. This eliminates the need for complicated installation instructions or tools. However, to avoid disappointment during the installation, users should note that the power cord must be purchased separately.

It should also be noted that the rubber adapter that allows the outlet to drain is extremely flexible and since this causes me to doubt the unit's overall durability, the manufacturer's should consider crafting this part out of firmer plastic in future models.

The ease of installation, in addition to the extremely quiet operation and effective food grinding capabilities make this a worthy food waste disposal unit.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews