Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 03:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Paul Reed Smith CE 24 Electric Guitar

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I had not bought an electric guitar in several years when my wife decided to purchase a new one about three years ago. The local guitar shop has always been very helpful with our purchases over the years, so we asked their advice on available brands. We started looking at Fenders, but they convinced us to try out a beautiful honey colored PRS CE 24 instead.

Once you put your hands on it, you see why this brand has become so popular. The MSRP on this model is around $1,264 new, and some of the older ones have increased in value.

To say this guitar is easy to chord would be a huge understatement, and the neck is small enough for a person with small hands to navigate easily. This guitar holds a tune much better than most of the electrics I have dealt with in the past. It is so easy to alter the way the guitar sounds just from the adjustments of the pickups on the guitar that you don't even need a foot switch to the amp.

The box is designed with a mahogany back and maple neck and top. There are three knob controllers for volume, tone and style, along with a toggle 3-way switch for the pickups. One downside is that the volume knob has a hair trigger, and its location makes it easy to bump while playing causing the volume to go high unintentionally.

Wherever you play on the neck, it only requires a light touch to contact the frets, and it spoils you so you have to work harder when you play other instruments. I use lightweight strings, which sound great on this guitar.

Putting strings on the guitar is much simpler than with other guitars. There is a slot on the back of the body where the strings are pushed through to the front, and when the string reaches the tuning keys, it is not necessary to wind it around all those times like with other instruments. You simply push it through and tighten a screw to clamp down on it.

I highly recommend this guitar to any player no matter what style of music they play. The Paul Reed Smith CE 24 was an excellent investment. We hope in future years to purchase another one.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews