Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Uniflame 5-Burner 62,000 BTU Gas Grill

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We purchased the Uniflame 5-burner 62,000 BTU Gas Grill which we use 2-3 times a week year around. This Uniflame grill has 500 square inches of porcelain cast iron cooking surface with a 220 square inch porcelain steel wire warming rack. We use the warming rack to cook corn on the cob, baked potatoes or to slow cook meat. This grill gives ample amount of room to cook for almost any size BBQ get together. A stainless steel side burner is great for boiling or deep frying sea food. This burner has 12,000 BTU and a cover to protect it from the weather. All 5 burners have electronic ignition, making it easy for anyone to start at a push of a button. The temperature gauge allows you to control the internal temperature of the grill and keep an eye on the internal temperature without having to open the stainless steel lid. I have noticed that the temperature gauge on ours has been stuck I'm not sure if it got corroded from the weather or if it's just stuck in one place. We don't cover our grill though so it very well could be corroded. The grill is sturdy and durable with the powder coated control panel, side shelves, steel door and cart. I have found it is hard to clean the grease on the exterior of the grill lid and side burner. The grill comes disassembled (unless you want to pay extra at home depot) we found the grill really easy to assemble and for that matter very easy to use. I like the way the grill heats up so fast but am able to cool it down for slow cooking if need be. I also like the searing burner on the right side of the grill this allows me to sear the meat and seal in the juices for really juicy meat. Overall this grill has lived up to the standards we set for our grilling experience. We enjoy it and it produces consistently good meals and an easy cooking experience.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,590 times
This is the worst bbq ive ever owned ! It burns way to hot and burns all of our meat unless i turn off 3 of the burners. I recomend do not buy this bbq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews