Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 01:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

BOB Sport Utility Stroller Deluxe

bob-sport-utility-stroller-deluxe photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

First of all, if you are looking for a casual stroller to take to the mall and tool around department stores with, this is not the stroller you are looking for. I purchased this stroller several months ago in expectation of our new arrival. The BOB Sport Utility stroller is not a casual everyday stroller but for the avid exerciser, jogger, runner, or hiker parent to use. I am an active parent and plan to be even more active by spring which is why I purchased this model of stroller. This stroller seems to have everything I have been looking for and more in terms of child safety, comfort, convenience, and accessories. The only drawback or negative aspect I have found with this stroller so far is that it is made for children ages six months or more. You cannot use the stroller for newborns or infants under this age because of the seating and positioning. Aside from the age restriction, I cannot find anything else wrong with the model.

The stroller weighs about 22 pounds and is light and easy to maneuver for moms and dads alike. The stroller has a patented world class suspension and folding mechanism that makes it easy to handle and manage. The purchase I made even came with a five year warranty on the frame, which I believe to be customary with this stroller, as well as a free flashing light for nighttime jogs or walks. The five year warranty backs up the chassis although the quality workmanship and welded frame show me that I may never have to use this.

One of the reasons I purchased the BOB Sport Utility Stroller Deluxe model was for the harness system that BOB's is known for. The restraint is safe and very comfortable for the child which in turn makes the ride a lot more enjoyable. I have used other jogger type strollers and have found that my child squirms and gets uncomfortable very quickly causing them to cry and get upset.

Another great feature about this stroller is the hand-brake that actually works! As mentioned previously, I have used other joggers in the past and the hand-brake wasn't always reliable. This one seems to actually work. I would have liked to see a foot-brake as well but overall I cannot complain because I am so happy with this jogger and I highly recommend it to all active or outdoor parents.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews