Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Brinkmann 810-3810-S Single Zone Charcoal Grill

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Brinkmann 810-3810-S charcoal grill is one of the best-manufactured charcoal grills you can buy, even when compared to many higher priced models. It is an excellent value at around $199.00 new, and it is well made and durable enough to last for many years if well cared for.

Assembly is relatively easy if you're handy at that sort of thing, but if not, it should only cost a few dollars to have it put together at the store where you make the purchase. The frame is heavy duty and the overall size is large enough to serve a cookout with family and friends. The size might be a little large for someone with a small patio area, which is about the only drawback to the grill.

It is very easy to control the heat for cooking, and this is the primary feature that makes this grill so much better than others I have owned over the years. The crank raises or lowers the charcoal to get the temperature exactly as you want it. The temperature dial on the lid is easy to see and has been dependable, unlike many other similar grills.

The problem with most charcoal grills is disposing of the ashes, but thanks to the slide out tray, that is easy to accomplish with the Brinkmann 810-3810-S. The heavy-duty castors make it simple to move the grill around on a smooth surface even though the unit is heavy when assembled.

There is an incredible 778 square inches of cooking surface which is recessed down into the firebox just enough to keep items like hot dogs or sausages from rolling off the grill when the lid is open. The warming trays on either side of the cooker have plenty of room to put dishes and cooking utensils on top.

The grill has held up well through moderate usage, but we are careful to store it under a shed and out of the rain.

There is convenient storage beneath the cooker for charcoal or other large items when the grill is not in use. If you prefer charcoal but want some of the similar control features of a gas grill, the Brinkmann single zone is the grill for you.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 7,677 times
The following is a letter I posted to the "Brinkman Site" on 23 June 11, I have yet to receive a reply or confirmation of receipt.

Roughly two months ago I purchased a Brinkman Pro Single Zone Charcoal Grill (Model # 810-3810-S) from Home Depot. I have been using the grill 3 or 4 times a week with no issues up until a few days ago.

While elevating the charcoal grate with the screw handle I noticed that the "tab" welded to the charcoal grate bar (the screw handle pushes against this tab to raise and lower the grate) was cracked and bent. Not shortly thereafter the "tab" failed (completely cracked through on one side) rendering the elevation/depression capability of the charcoal grate useless.

I have not abused or otherwise misused this grill at all, in fact I have not even had a full load of charcoal loaded onto the charcoal grate. I have since placed a brick inside the grill to support the grate so I can still use it to cook, however, with a large 4 July party planned I am not too happy with this issue at all.

In fact I am extremely disappointed in the design "flaw" presented by your grill and the fact that no one has taken the time to rectify this problem. I know I'm not the first person to have this happen and I feel that your design department should have recognized the weakness/flaw during their development phase and should have rectified this issue prior to the design being placed on the market.

Anyone with a basic understanding of metallurgy would notice the heat / torque / weight problems associated with this design and metal quality / weld durability. I can only blame myself as I should have taken the time to inspect your product more closely before purchase, but I must say I had reservations about this "tab" weakness during assembly.

I have no receipt for the grill, but the serial number has been inserted above. I really would like a part to replace what has failed....but honestly....if you're going to send me the same bar / tab / charcoal tray that came with the grill....don't bother....I will design and build something myself....that will last and be of decent quality.

Oh, I realize that you're not the engineer that designed this system...and not that it bothers you....but I will never buy a Brinkman BBQ Grill again.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilivory View Post
The following is a letter I posted to the "Brinkman Site" on 23 June 11, I have yet to receive a reply or confirmation of receipt.

Roughly two months ago I purchased a Brinkman Pro Single Zone Charcoal Grill (Model # 810-3810-S) from Home Depot. I have been using the grill 3 or 4 times a week with no issues up until a few days ago.

While elevating the charcoal grate with the screw handle I noticed that the "tab" welded to the charcoal grate bar (the screw handle pushes against this tab to raise and lower the grate) was cracked and bent. Not shortly thereafter the "tab" failed (completely cracked through on one side) rendering the elevation/depression capability of the charcoal grate useless.

I have not abused or otherwise misused this grill at all, in fact I have not even had a full load of charcoal loaded onto the charcoal grate. I have since placed a brick inside the grill to support the grate so I can still use it to cook, however, with a large 4 July party planned I am not too happy with this issue at all.

In fact I am extremely disappointed in the design "flaw" presented by your grill and the fact that no one has taken the time to rectify this problem. I know I'm not the first person to have this happen and I feel that your design department should have recognized the weakness/flaw during their development phase and should have rectified this issue prior to the design being placed on the market.

Anyone with a basic understanding of metallurgy would notice the heat / torque / weight problems associated with this design and metal quality / weld durability. I can only blame myself as I should have taken the time to inspect your product more closely before purchase, but I must say I had reservations about this "tab" weakness during assembly.

I have no receipt for the grill, but the serial number has been inserted above. I really would like a part to replace what has failed....but honestly....if you're going to send me the same bar / tab / charcoal tray that came with the grill....don't bother....I will design and build something myself....that will last and be of decent quality.

Oh, I realize that you're not the engineer that designed this system...and not that it bothers you....but I will never buy a Brinkman BBQ Grill again.
I have the same grill ( I bought it used to be refurbished). How did this original part look like, y also have that TAB and it is flat, was it round before? Does anyone have a photograph of a functioning TAB?
Thanks

Old 03-14-2022, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,729 times
Can anyone please reply and help? A photograph of that part is crucial so I can refurbish
Thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews