Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 12:57 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Black and Decker MM675 Lawn Hog 18" 12 amp Mulching Mower

black-and-decker-mm675-lawn-hog-18-12-amp-mulching photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

If you have a small yard, this little mower is a must. I live in a townhouse, and have a small, probably 20'x10' backyard. I didn't want to mess with a gas powered mower, so was on the market for an electric one. I bought mine used for $120.00, but you would never know it. The prior owner had no problems with this mower, and it has never given me any trouble either.

I mow my yard about once every two weeks. You do use an extension cord with this model, which can take some getting used to if you are used to a cordless gas machine. But if you plan your path ahead of time, there's very little worry of running over the cord. Start near the outlet you're using, and mow outward from there. I keep the cord over my shoulder, and can easily toss it out of the way when necessary.
For such a small, seemingly weak lawn mower, this Lawn Hog rarely bogs down. I wouldn't use it in super thick, long grass, but anything 8" or less should be no problem. If the blade does get clogged, the mower will turn itself off. I just let go of the handle (which is what turns it off and on), rock the mower up and down a couple times to loosen any grass wrapped around the blade, turn it back on and continue. Make sure you unplug it completely if you have a jam that requires you putting your hand underneath the mower to clear the blade, though I've never had to do this.

There is a variety of this mower that has a bag, which I may get if my current bagless one ever breaks down. This Lawn Hog does have a height adjustment, going from 1" to 3 ½". It is lightweight and maneuverable at only around 45 pounds. It doesn't take up much space in my shed either. I wrap up the extension cord and keep it separate from the mower when it's not in use.

The brand new price of this mower is a bit daunting at around $270.00, but Black and Decker is a trustworthy brand, and this mulching mower has exceeded my expectations. It's pretty quiet too. I hate when my neighbors mow with their loud gas mowers early Saturday morning and wake me up. But I don't think my neighbors even notice when I'm mowing with this little Lawn Hog.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews