Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 02:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Kenmore Black 24" Portable Dishwasher (1774)

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We've always purchased Kenmore products. The long-term durability and overall quality ensures we're repeat customers.

Recently, my grandmother asked for a portable dishwasher for her birthday. We purchased the Kenmore 24" Portable Dishwasher for her. I wasn't impressed at first because I'm used to larger units and at nearly six hundred dollars, I just couldn't see paying that much for a smaller unit. However, it was a Kenmore so we made the purchase.

This particular dishwasher isn't a lesser product by any stretch of the imagination just because of its compact size. Like the larger models, the portable dishwasher offered the high temperature wash feature, quick rinse, heated or no-heat dry options, one hour quick wash, and even the delayed start feature.

This model is the perfect dishwasher for small kitchens, especially those with very limited counter space. Thanks to the smooth butcher block style top, there's additional storage space on top and makes entertaining in confined spaces more practical.

The way the dishwasher performs is why I'd consider buying this particular model again. The sturdy nylon racks accommodate heavy pots and pans while the dishwasher itself handles difficult cleaning jobs often found when washing greasy skillets and baking dishes. The silverware compartment is roomy and allows for adequate cleaning.

Reliable and easy to use, this dishwasher is energy efficient. Best of all, this is a quiet dishwasher too. There's a soft hum in comparison to other portable models which often tend to buzz with a loud clanging noise when the unit is in use.

For an older person, I highly recommend this particular Kenmore product because the door doesn't stick or jam which makes for simple loading and unloading. Great design for a compact unit as well. We'd buy the same model again if we needed another portable dishwasher.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews