Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

The latest development from Dyson, is an upright vacuum that rests on a ball. This ingeniously simple idea, means you can manoeuvre the vacuum around corners with ease - putting no strain on your wrists and forearms at all. It is surprising how light this machine feels when you are used to pushing a standard vacuum around.

Root Cyclone technology means no bags, no loss of suction and no clogging. The dust container holds up to 1/3 gallon, so it does not need to be emptied with every use. When it does need emptying, it just takes the push of a button to release the container. I have never had that problem of having a cloud of dust surrounding me every time I empty the machine. Just wrap a bin liner around the opening and tip the container in.

Another technological advancement is the HEPA filter which traps allergens in the dust that can aggravate asthma. Tests have shown that the air expelled by the vacuum contains up to 150 times less bacteria than the ordinary air we breathe. If you or a family member suffers from allergies or asthma, you will be pleased to know that this Dyson is approved by the Asthma and Allergies Foundation of America.

This vacuum is effective on all floor types; by opting to use the brushbar on ordinary carpets, but not using it for more delicate floor types. I have found that suction has been superb on all my floors, ranging from thick pile carpets to tiles. I would not use it on my hand-woven rug however, as the suction is just too powerful.

As with all Dysons, there are a range of accessories that come with this model to help make cleaning more effective. I always use the telescope reach wand, as it extends up to 16 ft, allowing me to reach high up cobwebs and dust. Also, the brush attachment is great for areas next to paintwork, such as skirting boards. I don't want to scrape the nozzle along my walls, so the brush is a much softer alternative.

There is a huge variety of vacuums on the market, but for me, this Dyson is just right. Being upright, it is easy on my back, and the wheels mean it is not heavy to push around. The technology of a Dyson is such that it thoroughly cleans your floors, and now expels filtered, clean air. It is expensive compared to a lot of other vacuums, but with a five-year parts and labour warranty, it is clearly a machine built to last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews