Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 01:17 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Power Boss 020309 2.5 Gallon-Per-Minute Honda GC190 Gas-Powered Pressure Washer

power-boss-020309-25-gallon-per-minute-honda-gc190 photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I wouldn't recommend the Power Boss 020309 pressure washer for someone who has a commercial business requiring a powerful burst of water. It is designed more for the homeowner who needs something to clean siding, decks, and driveways. Any kind of light duty spray and wash job can be handled quickly with the Honda.

My washer is easy to start as most of the Honda overhead cam motors are. Even after it has been sitting for months, it only takes two or three pulls to crank. It comes with four different spray nozzle tips. The one for the low pressure I never found any use for, but the two fan types work well when you want to cover a wide area with each pass.

Sometimes the pressure seems to go way down when I let off the trigger and then pull it again. I haven't been able to understand what causes this, but one thing I found was that if the motor is wide open, the pressure doesn't seem to be as great as when you back off on the throttle.

The Honda works well for washing down brick walls where mildew and mold have set in, and vinyl siding comes clean without much more than a little bleach on the spots that are heavily soiled. At only 70 pounds, the pressure washer is easy to move about on its rubber wheels.

Washing the driveway works better when I use a cleaner that has time to soak into the grime on the concrete first. Oil spots don't come off well unless a strong degreaser is used first, and I think that would be a problem no matter how much pressure the washer had.

Cleaning the exterior windows on the first floor of the house is simple. I don't use any soap unless the windows are extremely dirty, and they come clean fine. This sprayer is a good piece of equipment for most any of your home cleaning projects, including washing the car.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews